Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Statement of Welcome


I am a longtime fan of the San Jose Sharks, a professional hockey franchise that plays in the Pacific Division of the Western Conference of the National Hockey League. I am also a longtime fan of the sport of ice hockey in general, although I have never played the game (in fact, I can barely skate). I live in the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Readers who know a bit about the NHL may also know that there is a perfectly good franchise right over in St. Paul (Minneapolis's "Twin City") known as the Minnesota Wild. So why do I subject myself to various forms of heartbreak and delirium over the fortunes of some team way the heck out in California? Good question. I think I'll save the answer for a blog post...

It occurred to me recently that I have a good deal to say about the Sharks, the state of the NHL, and various other hockey-related topics, and since all the cool kids have blogs these days, I figured I would give this a shot. Feel free to leave a comment if you like.

No comments: