Monday, February 25, 2008

I'll Take It


I was in an airplane during the Sharks 2-1 shootout win over the Penguins yesterday, so I missed it. I just have a few quick observations about the game that I note from a review of the box score...

1. Cheechoo scored again. Not only is the guy no longer cold, he's now red-hot. This is good news heading down the stretch.

2. The power play provided no offense once again. This is bad news heading down the stretch, and especially into the playoffs.

3. Once again, the Sharks were unable to hold a lead. Since they were playing an Eastern Conference team, the fact that the Penguins came out of the game with an extra point doesn't really matter from San Jose's perspective, but it still makes me nervous that the Sharks seem to have an inordinate amount of trouble playing with a lead.

4. I want to see Joe Pavelski in every shootout.

That's all for now. On Wednesday the Sharks visit Columbus to meet a team fresh off of road wins against Ottawa and Montreal, two of the better teams in the East. The Jackets could still sneak into the playoffs if they play well down the stretch, so you know they will be a desperate, determined team. Team Teal had better be ready.

No comments: