Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Sweater


Well, I've been meaning to do it all summer, and I finally pulled the trigger... I ordered myself a shiny new Sharks sweater. I ordered my own name on the back (of course) and I picked number 93 for myself, in honor of the year I became a Sharks fan.

My original customized sweater that I bought waaaaaaay back in 1994 is practically a vintage garment by this point, and I treat it with the anxious reverence with which one might handle a dinner jacket worn by Winston Churchill. I also have a blank sweater which some kind friends bought for me several years ago, and which I will continue to wear, particularly when San Jose visits the X. (Going into an enemy building wearing the opponent's sweater? Cool. Going into an enemy building wearing the opponent's sweater with your name on the back? Not too bright.) But I had an itch for a customized sweater that I could wear on a regular basis, so I found my way to NHL.com and snagged one.

I hope they spell my name right...

No comments: