Monday, May 5, 2008

The End


The Sharks lost tonight to Dallas in the fourth overtime, ending their season.

As much as I loathe the Stars, I have to extend congratulations to them. They played extremely well in this series. They will have to play even better to have a chance against a rested Red Wings team that is running like a well-oiled machine right now.

It's a bitterly disappointing end to a once-promising season. As much as I admire the way the Sharks battled back when down 3-0 in the series, it's extremely frustrating that they fell into such a hole in the first place.

The analysis can come later. With the end of the Sharks' season, I will likely be taking a step back from hockey for a bit. I'll probably watch some of the finals, but I won't schedule my life around it. I hope to continue to post at a reasonable clip--Sweet Hockey Card of the Week will return, and there are a few other topics I think I'd like to write about...some concerning the sport or the league in general, some about my own personal experiences as a fan.

But all that can come later, too. Right now I'm just tired and sad. I'll be better tomorrow...er, later on today.

If you've been a regular reader of this blog since it began in the beginning of January, I want to thank you for your time. I hope you've enjoyed it, I hope you can make it back occasionally during the offseason, and I hope you'll come back next year.

Okay. Time for bed. Team Teal forever!

Best wishes,
Chris

No comments: